Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Very Thing You’re Trying to Avoid. . .

Romans 8:26-28 - And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.  And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.  And we know that God causes everything to work together[m] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them

 

I quote this scripture quite a bit.  I own it.  I don’t apologize for it.  Anything can grow your faith – anything.  Those who know me well know that I love music –including some that seem downright irredeemable.  But I have heard God speak through songs by Eminem, Disturbed, and even Ozzy Osbourne. Not that any of them were trying to speak for God.  In fact, they are often trying to speak against God.  But our God can use anything to communicate truth.  To say that I don’t believe that would be to say that I think God is limited in some way.  Are you willing to say that?  Me neither.  God can use anything.to grow your faith

 

My faith has grown more through making big mistakes than having success. My deepest experiences of the presence of God have come in my darkness moments.  Romans 8:28 is so true, but you have to be looking for the good from God to see it.  And sometimes you don’t see it until after the moment has passed.  But my friends, it’s true.  God’s intentions in EVERYTHING are good towards us all the time, and all the time God’s intentions in EVERYTHING are good towards us. 

 

So let’s work with this concept a bit today.  What is it that’s going on for you that you are working really hard to avoid – avoid doing, avoid seeing, avoid even thinking about?  I know.  I made you not avoid it by mentioning it.  I’m sorry – but not really.  You see, it’s not only possible; it’s pretty likely that that matter that you are avoiding is matter where there is some truth God wants you to hear, see, or experience.  At the risk of meddling, let me ask you this;  how’s the avoidance project been going?  I’m guessing not so well.  So instead of leaning away from the matter, how about trying leaning IN it?  There’s faith to be gained here BECAUSE . . . let’s all say it together. . .  God intentions in EVERYTHING are good towards us all the time, and all the time God’s intentions in EVERYTHING are good towards us. 

 

Tomorrow, we move from faith to hope. Until then . . .

 

Prayer:  Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer God, help me to trust your goodness towards me in all circumstances.  Help me see your good intentions even in _______________.  Amen

 

Prayer Focus:  Pray for “irredeemable” people today.  It will help you see that God has no use for that word.

 

Song: Word of God, Speak – MercyMe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_6osCH74

No comments:

Post a Comment