Wednesday, January 5, 2022

I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light - January 5, 2022

 

I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light -  January 5, 2022

 

Isaiah 42:6  - “I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations.”

Malachi 4:2 - “But for you who revere my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its wings”

Revelation 21:25 - “And there will be no night there,” and 22:5b, “They need no light of lamp or sun.”

 

The Song for this last day before Epiphany is Kathleen Thomerson’s “I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light.”  Like yesterday, the core of my encouragement is to simply meditate on the lyrics.  Right after the hustle and bustle of the holidays is a natural time to refocus on the “everydayness” of our faith.  We’ve celebrated the Light that was given to us in Jesus and now we consider how we will live differently as a result.  We remember changes that we had considered or even committed to in the past but we, for whatever reason, did not follow through.  Maybe it’s time to consider them again.  Perhaps there is a change that we’ve never considered, but our present circumstances have caused us to see different possibilities. 

The tone of this song is a deep desire to move our faith further into the light of Christ’s way for us.  Hear the words and let them work on your spirit.

 

I want to walk as a child of the light

I want to follow Jesus

God sent the stars to give light to the world

The star of my life is Jesus

In Him, there is no darkness at all

The night and the day are both alike

The Lamb is the light of the city of God

Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus

 

I want to see the brightness of God

I want to look at Jesus

Clear sun of righteousness, shine on my path

And show me the way to the Father

In Him, there is no darkness at all

The night and the day are both alike

The Lamb is the light of the city of God

Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus

 

I'm looking for the coming of Christ

I want to be with Jesus

When we have run with patience the race

We shall know the joy of Jesus

In Him, there is no darkness at all

The night and the day are both alike

The Lamb is the light of the city of God

Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus

 

Listen to the statements in each of the three verses:

I want to follow Jesus.

I want to look at Jesus.

I want to be with Jesus.

 

Question:  What would following, looking at, and being with Jesus in a deeper way this year look like for you.

 

Prayer:  God, I pray 2022 would be a year when I would allow more of your light to permeate the way I live and love.  Amen.

 

Prayer Focus:  Pray for people facing dangerously cold/severe weather conditions right now. 

 

Song:  I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light – Kathleen Thomerson (performed by Chris Brunelle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDzcZWa_YqQ

No comments:

Post a Comment