Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Love Changes Lives

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

 

The Sun Does Shine is Anthony Ray Hinton’s own autobiographical story.  Hinton spent 30 years on death row for murders he did not commit because the white sheriff, the white judge, and the white jury were racist.  On Death row, he actually befriends a white supremacist who is in for murder.  The friendship overcomes and reverses the man’s racism.  Ray’s friend was eventually executed, but his last words were these: “All my life, I was taught how to hate.  The people I was taught to hate taught me how to love. I die knowing what love feels like because of them.” 

Loving people changes them.  Christ makes us a “new creature” by the way He loves us.  That love comes in many ways and through people.  I am not who I would have been if I had not been loved by so many people.  The same is true of all of you.  Pay it forward.

 

Question:  How have you seen or experienced how love changes people?

 

Prayer:  God your love makes us new. We thank you for that.  Help us be part of making others new by the way we love them. Amen.

 

Prayer Focus:  Pray for people who are stuck in hate

 

Song: For Good (From “Wicked”)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0pXUb5jVU

No comments:

Post a Comment